isamlq

isamlq

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout With the idea of this fixing Twilight floating around, well I had to see what I'd been missing. Now, having just finished this I do agree with all those Twilight comparisons. Yet... I sped through this! Despite Daemon being a douche which nobody can deny. Again, I sped through this! Despite the fact that after the umpteenth Sparkly poke that was cute at first... the very same thing started rubbing me the wrong way because while the mocking was initially cute.. I got to asking, 'wasn't Obsidian essentially mocking itself?' Given that things in it are essentially a copy of that which it poked fun of? I won't bother going over the similarities because I suppose it's been done somewhere some when by someone more clearly, but basically if you've read the other, you've essentially been handed a a blueprint of the goings on here. And yet again, for this must needs repeating, I sped through this! It's compulsively readable, it's fun even with a male lead that so.. something else in his treatment of her. And yet... I sped through this! Fun read, this (just don't ask me why, though)3/5