isamlq

isamlq

Glass Heart - Amy Garvey A sweet story that focuses on the girl and her wanting the boy to accept her for who she is but failing miserably to see the whole picture. Sweet how she describes things, lovely how different this time around feels to her, but frustrating too because there’s this refusal on her part to see things from his point of view. She knows how things were with Danny, but with Gabriel it’s a different thing. She’s all these comparisons and all these feelings but fails to say anything about it when it counts, so that when it was sweet it was so much so, but that they’re new together meant they’ve their up’s then down’s. Her blowing hot then cold did get repetitive, but not overly so because she’s new to him and him to her, and they’re figuring out what’s right for them. All that said, the paranormal aspect could have been brought into focus more mainly because their romance got in the way of that too. She meets Bay and Fiona both of whom are mysterious but both seem to have so more knowledge than she does (or at least that how it seems to her). And with them there’s more discoveries made but there's this new recklessness too. Interesting development, on that end. What I wanted in Cold Kiss was more of her and her family, a closer look into why they were set up they were. And we do get that, their reasons make for an even sadder story, but the why of it all is clear at least. We also get a lovely bonus from her friends; they're not just there to prop her up, they actually add something to this. That with with them around and things back to normal, we see her less the loner stand offish girl that puzzled me in CK, more the loyal protective friend. I liked this… 3/5