isamlq

isamlq

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles) - Gena Showalter It’s a fun book though where “Alice in Wonderland” came in I am still wondering. All there was were similarities in names and very little of the oddness that Alice Alice had gone through instead here we’ve got Ali and a friend named Kat plus a couple of boys into her. My favorites have to be her grandparents. I enjoyed how they tried to understand then connect with her (biznez, they said?!) Beyond that extra funny bit, we’ve got the zombies that took me by surprise. They’re a lot like in Amy Plum’s book on her revenants called zombies because as in that book the zombies here weren’t what I’m accustomed to either. Simply, they’re all evil and nothing much else. I was hoping pre-apoc set up plus something gone horribly wrong, (like rabid monkeys in science labs?) but no. I still don’t know what makes them them and boy I’d liked to have known because it’s what leads us to discover these two factions that handily exist. They’ve each with their own method in dealing with these zombies. I say ‘handily’ because with these two factions also happen to have the two hot boys who’ve only more reason to fight over her. Suffice to say, this is the part that’s left me little impressed. Any who, what this book lacks in detail it makes up for in snark and chemistry. Oh, the snark! Oh, the chemistry! Cole is an ass, very bossy and typical alpha; Ali doesn’t kowtow but asks asks asks, I liked the former more than the latter for obvious reasons. But we’re eventually led down that path of girl, boy and push then pull then boy doing some awesomely asshole like things, but all through out she did say some pretty funny stuff.It was good at first, then started settling on the usual… but it was fun (more often than not). 3/5