isamlq

isamlq

Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews Bayou Moon is yet another book that has me wondering why I’d put it off for so long. Less the drama more the blood shed and sword wielding, plus some sizzling back and forth. And, just when I thought all was well, something bigger crops up to be dealt with. In Edge#1, we caught a glimpse of William, how he’s different from Declan with all background and particular baggage. I enjoyed the guy though, mainly because like Declan, he’s a throw back to those hot romances with a cop/FBI agent/ SEAL for a lead~ the haunted but strong type if you catch my drift. Because after that brief glimpse of him all haunted and broken (thus hot), he was all brutal and fierce and perfectly aware about where best to strike. This Changeling’s got skills. He meets his match in Cerisse, very much like Rose because she too has responsibilities heaped on her, except Cerisse read more in your face and if possible just as bad ass as William. To his Lord Bill, she’s Queen Hobo, and I loved the banter because the will he/will she moments almost fried my brain. It starts with both not knowing who’s who and with both keeping secrets, but with one then another thing throwing them together, I was surprised it to took as long as it did for “something” to happen. It’s expected but waiting for it to finally happen was almost too much. In the meantime, her family is embroiled in a feud and he gets pulled in, all while being on the trail of this madman psychopathic uber rational monster. See? So many things going on! Her family is a hilarious addition too. Just as deadly as she is, they aren’t just that. Protective is what springs to mind… but more to Kalder, Richard, Gaston and the rest of them added an extra thing that I liked. I loved that they’re each so different but pulled together nonetheless simply because they’re kin. The inner working of the Mar clan: her proving herself time and again, owning her position not daring to show even a hint of weakness even to them. Different. An entertaining mix of fantasy and adventure and a sizzling attraction, it’s like they wrote this with me in mind because I enjoyed it, Dora the Explorer allusions and all! Fun book, this!