isamlq

isamlq

Valkyrie Rising - Ingrid Paulson Meh.. it was OK at first. Truthfully though all the side drama lost me, so much that I started skimming somewhere around 75%. Long before that though I already wasn't feeling it. Elsa seems like she's different. (KEY WORD: seems) There's that close relationship with her brother makes her stand out. BUT not really, she turns around and becomes one of those who wants to get out from so and so's shadow. It's her being stifled by the closeness, and doing some pretty ~oh, how do I put this politely? Wait, I can't...~ dumb things. Then we work up to that point when it's all about that obvious connection between her brother's best best friend and her. The same is so obvious in fact that it might explain why I was so little impressed by the two of them. Simply because they say the right thing all the time and act just as you'd expect them to: where he pushes her buttons, she'd always respond. At first, I was feeling the Valkyrie addition; it could have worked for me except all that big brother's an ass and big brother's best friend, a bigger ass kept getting in my way. That bit of her being special and her discovering exactly what that meant was what I wanted. And I got that to an extent because we learn of a family secret.. and it is a big secret. The funny thing is practically everyone is aware of what it is with the lead the only one clueless. From page one, she's treated differently and you wonder why that's the case alongside her. Anyway, living her life is already not easy but then there's the added drama of her dealing with being younger sister and wanting to get out from under her brother's protective shadow... but I wasn't really interested. Where the first half had me curious, the other half had me frustrated. Issue:On Tuck: (Was I the only one wondering why Tuck was doing the training? Prior thereto, I thought him the funny screw up fun guy, side kick to her brother, life of the party, and obviously carrying a torch for the girl... but not a fighter (was so sudden is all).2/5