isamlq

isamlq

Cold Fury - T.M. Goeglein Cold Fury had Sara Jane swing from wise guy remarks complete with a briefcase, a gun, thousands of dollars and a mysterious notebook to being, if not quite swoony over a boy (the words I think I might love so and so were used) then at least sounding younger much than the sixteen years old she was . Things I liked: that you’re not quite sure what make her special and that once things are made clearer, you see all these unlikely connections. I even enjoyed how different The Family was. I enjoyed how she knows she not like the rest of them just not the extent of that difference~ because the girl is unique. Theirs is thankfully a little bit of the normal in a best friend that’s on the fringe and a maybe boyfriend who brought in some more of the sweet.. The first part actually had me curious, all that laying down of who she is and what they are and who she hates in that funny and sarcastic voice of her had me nodding, grinning then laughing just at the right moments along… but later on you see that it’s just more of the same it left me feeling thus:...because funny girl plotting revenge was laying down the why-for for what felt like forever! I was all, please, let's get things going, shall we? That said there were some remarkable moments here with those twists on twists on twists; reading this was not a total waste: take the boxing matches, unexplained disappearances, people after her, an unknown scary guy in ski mask, random high pitched girl screams, plus rats that came out of nowhere... then there’s Al Capone (and how fits into all this, you may or may not get a kick out of.) Then there’s the more usual fare of YA: girl at odds with who she is, girl and best friend completely unlike both their peers, then a little later girl crushing on sorta/kinda new guy. 2/5