isamlq

isamlq

Foretold - Jana Oliver What an awesome ending! Likely my favorite in the whole series and that’s not just because we get to know more about Beck (though admittedly, that does factor in a whole lot). My loving this boils down to all of them having changed from MC’s like Riley and Beck, down to the supporting cast that includes a pair of exes. Riley has transformed from whiney moany little girl to this young woman who faces stuff head on. Peter showed more to the whole boy best friend angle instead of going down the avenue of being in love with her… he is his own guy. Mainly, the guy is a decent guy especially with his overbearing mother factored in. Then Ori and Simon. I think these two were the biggest surprises for me. Both not quite ending up where I thought they’d end up especially as I think back to reading of their respective not-so-shining moments in previous installments. That they’re not cut/dry good/bad makes them more interesting. Simon especially with him not knowing what to do with himself… that was an interesting moment. But it’s Ori, who I found myself unexpectedly rooting for. The good guy but not really, they all felt like that too to me which is not the same thing I felt for Beck. Frankly, I found his “ya” and good old boy country charm inauthentic. I truly felt his part in initial books forced and a source of unnecessary drama… but he’s grown on me and events in this book explain why he is the way he is. So if I’d pegged him as highly unlikely in how he spoke and how he behaved… here his secrets bared, well, and I get him a little. Poor guy!The people aside… the good versus evil face off moments felt well-put together. Nothing came easy… for anyone involved. I like that they all had to work toward that resolution; that nothing was handed to them. And that they got into one scrape then another, hurt themselves, as well as hurt others because it got messy, it got explosive… but it was also incredibly entertaining to behold.I wonder if there’s spin-off? *Simon*4/5