isamlq

isamlq

Cursed - Jennifer L. Armentrout If we were talking pure readability, CURSED is an OK pick. Girl who’s got the world on her shoulders, a needy sister and a mother who ignores her. Then there’s the whole CURSED thing, a fact that’s smacked in her face more and ore with the entry of a certain hot mysterious boy. Pretty standard YA stuff, I thought, but in terms of making sense and being constant this one didn’t quite do it for me.For one, I hate disappearing characters. Her best friend seemed interesting but he disappears, all too easily. In fact there in lies my main issue with this: things happen to easily! If at first she says things I agreed with, like finding the creepy new guy just that… creepy (yes, it made perfect sense to me,) soon thereafter she finds herself where she is and there’s little struggle toward it. She says the right things, voicing out her concerns and asking the right questions AND THEN… nada. Nothing happens because she plods along with them with no moves on her part to do something about it. Sure, time and again, she’d say she didn’t know them, trust them… or like them, but then what happened? She’d still be with them, a fact that made little sense to me. Another thing that made no sense was the different standard she’s made to live by. Were she to screw up, the hammer would come down; but were another person to do the same… nothing, instead it’s all you’ve got to understand how hard things are for so and so. I still don’t get it. Bottom line her following along and doing as she’s told especially with the absence of information available to her; simply things progressing the way they did showed that the girl had no fight in her. From there things get even more typical with a love connection that’s got roots in something creepy… because he knew of her long before she was even aware of him. And of course those shadows in her room moments? Those simply screamed “That’s not right!” to me. And even though bits of CURSED were interesting, there was a whole lot more I wasn’t buying.2/5