isamlq

isamlq

Reunited - Hilary Weisman Graham Three girls who used to be friends but no longer are taking a one last opportunity to see what clicked years before… but with each doing so for vastly different reasons. Since the one thing bound them together had changed early on, so had they: Alice stays all around good girl practicing what she preached; Summer becomes It Girl; then Tiernan only gets louder and edgier than the two combined. It’s a hilarious road trip story what with random oddness that took place. And it’s each odd bit that eased off on the heavy bit that most all the key players refused to acknowledge at first. I mean you can’t get all heavy and emotional with talk of squirrel burials, Michael the Archangel (or not,) and kudzu hacking going on one after the other, right? So, I laughed when I was meant to and cringed when appropriate… but at its core what we have in REUNITED is a story of a friendship. What they used to have specifically was not as easy as they made it seem. Peas in a Pod, true they may have been, but with each member came a certain insecurity that prompted respective jealousies and little doubts. It’s the last that made being part of the group more difficult than one would expect… because in their groups were the more specific loyalties and closeness~ perceived ones or otherwise~ between specific members. All of it made the blow up of what they were all the more plausible but also frustrating, because just because you’re one in close knit group doesn’t always stop individual issues from cropping up and getting in the way.And they’ve each their issues... they really do. But my problem is it’s all so simple in the end. That Tiernan is the way she is because she feels alone; that Summer is the way she is because she wants more. In fact why they do what they do simplified them somehow, the only one who has me still wondering is Alice, because there’s not that much to her… save the fact that she’s the good one, who doesn’t let anything bother her… mostly, anyway.Overall, it’s a cute story but not without its issues. 3/5