isamlq

isamlq

'Til The World Ends: Dawn of EdenThistle & ThorneSun Storm (Luna Books) - 'Julie Kagawa',  'Ann Aguirre',  'Karen Duvall' This review is for Kagawa's Dawn of Eden and Aguirre's Thorne and ThistleDawn of Edenby Julie Kagawa 2.5/5Oh, so now I remember why I don't often pick up novellas! that is to say there's a lot happening in so short a span. This one is no different, but I am not complaining too loudly as this one's allowed me a glimpse into a certain K's dying world. K as in Kanin of Immortal Rules, the sole reason that that particular book was a total win for me. This, as expected, is a quick story that starts with a strong woman struggling to continue on doing what she thinks right. It's when she's almost at the end of her rope that a new guy comes in... mysterious, good looking and sticking out like a sore thumb with all the secrets his not spilling. Typical set up, right?Things then progress quickly as they go on the run, homeward bound. Once there, the bit drama bit got a bit thick for my taste. I confess things got a bit heavy handed with drama and the speech making.. but parts were interesting, foremost being the mysterious individual who dropped into their life so suddenly, imparting some knowledge then leaving just as suddenly as he first appeared on the scene. This was a quick read and overall just OK.Thistle and Thorn by Ann Aguirre3.5/5Why, Hello Thorne and Thistle! These two have piqued my interest and have me hoping there’s to be a full version soon-ish. The two are just my kind of leads. Where Thorne Goodman is complicated and mysterious, Mari Thistle‘s pretty straight forward in what she wants to happen. She’s simple in wanting to keep her family safe; he’s motivated by reasons that are unclear for most of the story. It’s that last that renders him only more mysterious. In particular, I enjoyed like that slow sizzle that almost turned scorching, but didn’t quite get there… because the both of them had me wanting where things were going. I mean you think you know it’s going that way… but you’re just not sure, if that makes sense at all? Then there’s the mess they’d both found themselves in, facing off as they were against a crazy-ass, boss man. Things got interesting, to say the least. Thank you Net Galley!