isamlq

isamlq

Fate's Edge -  Ilona Andrews A three seems stingy of me, but the truth be told: it simply took forever to get interesting. Once things did get to that point, I was thrilled: thrilled to be reading a little more about George and Jack, BUT mainly thrilled to be reading about heroes who are not quite heroes in both Kaldar and Audrey. Plus just when I thought things over, I was proved wrong.We'd already run across Kaldar in the second Edge book. A little of what he was seeped through so that I was left with an impression of him being up to no good (at least where his family WASN'T concerned.) Things having happened the way they did in Bayou's Edge, it's obvious that a lot of things had changed, but the man's still irreverent, a rake, and a rogue. Notice, I'm straining myself here to come up with other Regency-romance terms that fit just how entertaining an asshole he could get. And Audrey knows all these things (that he's indeed an ass!) But goes on with him anyway... because while she may be trying to do the right thing she knows how things are from his side of things.This was fun... eventually ... but it was a wait that (sorely) tested my patience. Also I wonder if I'm alone in wanting to know more of what's in store for George and Jack.