isamlq

isamlq

My Favorite Mistake - Chelsea M. Cameron "You love me?" he asks her."No," she responds"You hate me?" he then asks."I likely do," would be me responding in her place.Meh.I mean, truthfully it was fun when it counted; otherwise, it was a bit lot of nothing much. She's sensitive and damaged and has a history she's not dealing with as does the guy. Where she's prickly and tough girl, he's sad sad sad but putting on a front: an ass hole jerkface front that rightfully rubbed her the wrong way the first time they laid eyes on each other. Only later we find out they can't in fact get enough of each other! It's that last fact that led me to discover that the phrase "eye fucking" can indeed be overused! I didn't get the convoluted bet thing going on. You hate me this happens and you love me that happens. All her denying true feelings then all his running away from his past... I'd have bought it with half that drama cut out of the story, but again my issue of drama. drama. drama surfaced in this one. Bottom line? I didn't really care for this. Oh "New Adult Contemporary Romance," there's nothing "adult" about you... and if all you have is stuff like MY FAVORITE MISTAKE and other stuff like this that I've read so far then should am I just looking forward to more whiny face-this and mopey thought-that, people who talk a good game filled to the brim with angsty me, myself and I moments, and yes, more often than not "edgy" cuss filled (sometimes unnecessarily so) lingo, and too little sense to go around?