isamlq

isamlq

Noughts & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses Trilogy) - Malorie Blackman Do I dare read the next one? Considering this one’s already got my emotions swinging from one extreme to another? That ending…that ending… THAT ENDING!! has me split between: and thenOne has got to appreciate witnessing the change in the two involved: she’s sweet and sunshine and optimistic; he’s not… ‘til they’re neither of those things anymore because of the honestly laid out way they each open their eyes (have their eyes opened?) then grow into people you don’t expect them to be. And oh my poor heart, but several times through the course of the story, I had to put the book down thinking something was coming their way, dreading and knowing that this big thing was coming right around the corner… so that when something else –equally unexpected- took place, I wasn’t sure if I ought to feel relieved, giddy or disappointed. Gah! The things this book did to my emotions. My EMOTIONS! So this is brilliantly told tale of two people on opposite sides of everything with its sweet start but slow and painful realizations for the two. When one or the other or both of them began questioning what’s right and what’s acceptable, there’s a loosening of feelings wound taut in me because things seemed to be going the way I thought things ought to go ‘till other things happen and I’m back to zero with my emotions all riled up.They face ugly truths, grow up and do things they feel right, so things got heavy and I put it down (more than once) but couldn’t NOT pick it back up again. See it’s because this one’s got a lot of hard, ugly truths as well as an outcome that’s simply unbelievable.Were I rating that ending alone, it’d be an easy 5/5, but overall it’s:3.75-4/5