isamlq

isamlq

Pivot Point - Kasie West What I liked most: it’s funny without trying too hard and that’s in both versions of her life. Another thing to love: they’re each more than you expect them to be… though for a couple of them that’s in the negative, because true colors indeed do shine through. And finally, that Sliding Doors comparison? Totally apt.As to the first, it doesn’t take itself too seriously… or more likely she doesn’t take herself too seriously. The way she deals with what’s dealt her is completely typical… and that’s precisely how she wants it! Her Child of Divorce 101 made her sound almost too young in expecting certain things to happen a certain way, but that was fine too because it was good for a laugh if anything. Except considering who she is and where she is and what she could do, nothing was ever boring. She’s authentically funny. A feat that’s quite a surprise considering the girl is living two lives and has to pick one…but just doesn’t know it. And as she’s living those two things she keeps consistent… sometimes clueless, sometime s too eager to make others happy, but overall likeable. Sure, there are eventual asides on things maybe not being real but prior to that it was all good. Truth: I’d rather have had things run their course ala Sliding Doors with no one the wiser of other things maybe happening, but I enjoyed this story making my complaints minor at best (worst?) Fun stuff!“The other thing that surprises me is how gorgeous he is until he’s next to me again. If he’s going to start coming around more, I need to find some flaws to focus on. I study him for a moment but come up empty. He’s flawless. Not even a zit. New strategy. I will not look at him.”***“Superheroes have to have tight outfits so their clothes don’t get in the way when theyre fighting crime.” He adds an A on the chest.“I go by my real name? I don’t even get a secret identity?”“How do you know A stands for Addison? Maybe it’s for Amender or Ax Maiden or Apple Thrower?”“Apple Thrower?”“I couldn’t think of any more A names.”Thanks Edelweiss!3.75/5