isamlq

isamlq

Scarlet - A.C. Gaughen Sometimes a little adventure is all a reader really needs. This was a fun read, offering yet another version of Robin and his band of merry men. And it’s Scarlet who makes most of that difference, being a woman and all! Not only that, she also happens have this dark secret past she’s keeping from the rest of them. Big John is not quite how you’d picture him and neither are Much or Friar Tuck. There’s something you’ll recognize in all of them, but the versions here are different and interesting for it. Strangely enough Robin is simply Robin, with his we steal from the rich and give to the poor as well as him being tortured in wanting to do right by his people but only able to do so much. Plus he’s a moody one here… not unexpected given them all being so young. I enjoyed this one and if you’re thinking what you’re thinking and Scarlet’s secret is indeed what it is. Well, you just might be right. BUT it was fun ride on the way to that reveal. This was all adventure with the knives being throwing, forests being burned, a couple of prison escapes and unexpected betrayals balanced out by more than one instance of self sacrifice. So much adventure in fact that the thrills weren’t confined to the actual battles. It’s all part of their day to day just look at how things turned out between John and Scarlet, then Scarlet and Robin then Robin and John, too. Simply, there’s that little thing flowering between certain individuals and the obvious reactions of others to it. You might be surprised by how John is portrayed here; as in it’s John’s being the charmer instead of Robin’s being so. But I enjoyed it. I was hooked in fact, if me reading this in a handful of hours is evidence of anything.3/5