isamlq

isamlq

Veer - Alyssa Rose Ivy I'm not exactly sure why I picked this up especially considering my less than lukewarm reaction to its predecessor, DERAILED. Like that one, this is a standard romance. First take a girl in dire need of a break and heading on out to do something about it. Second have said girl then meets boy in a less than ideal situation. Try to shake things up a bit with a not quite love at first sight. Then have them both deny deny deny what they truly feel. Here though there's a dash of meanness on both their parts, more than I felt warranted. Except dig deeper and discover that they've both got baggage they've yet to deal with. Yada yada yada. Overall it's pretty standard. Standard running away from what's too heavy. Standard A**hole behavior from the love interest. Even standard secondary characters,some too sweet/happy/nosy and all gung ho about whatever's coming. Strangely enough it was not the leads that piqued my curiosity... jake's turn around here was noted. With the less than stellar act he put forth in book one, here he's all understanding and brotherly... so, yes I am indeed most interested in Jake. Since I've come this far anyway, what the heck... I might as well read his story as I'm told it's his that's to be the third one.