isamlq

isamlq

Burning Blue - Paul Griffin Colour me impressed and more than slightly surprised. Why, this... Yes, this was the kind of reading experience I wanted out of [b:Shift|11378659|Shift|Em Bailey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351702689s/11378659.jpg|16310046]. And my disappointment over that one's turn out is something I still grumble over to this moment. I’m not grumbling over this one though, as most aspects of BURNING BLUE had me thoroughly engaged. I was asking things, questioning things, thinking that so and so was doing this and that then seeing this is why’s and that’s how come’s. I thought I had things pegged, then moments later I’d be back to doubting my conclusions as well as doubting the conclusions Jay’d come up with. How does one sum this one up when it’s mainly a mystery, but so much more? The relationship that grows between the two: one a misfit who’s so self conscious about not being in control of his body; the same kid relating to the other one on this level where they both have a need to be separate from the rest? Match made in heaven or not? Considering he’s accustomed to it all while she’s new to it. Her past after all had her cast as perfect: intelligent, rich and … beautiful. It’s that last bit that starts the story too. What’s to be done when the thing that identified her is gone? It’s a question she deals with… but it’s not the central question of the book. Mostly this is about him wanting to figure out who, how and most importantly WHY.Now one could cry impossible over him being boy -genius and her being too good to be true, but Jay is a different sort. As he’s telling the story, I was buying it, even with his super hacking skills and sleuthing wannabe moments. A bit Nancy Drew (or should I make that Hardy Boys?) him these skills and knowing all these other things as well as wanting to take it upon himself to right a wrong, but that’s me looking back on things, looking for something to nitpick over because while I was reading it, I actually didn’t mind any of those improbable (much.)And then there’s Nicole… he relates to her on a certain level. Relating to one who on the surface seemed all about the surface, and what’s left to said girl when said surface is stripped away? (*Shakes head* Wait, I think I just confused myself there.) You think you know who they are and you think you know who’s behind it all. You’d be wrong. The guy, the girl and the rest of them when it’s one thing then another and it’s all WTF as in… Seriously, WTF did I just read? (Also, dude…can we get a cover change please?)3.9999/5