isamlq

isamlq

Ask the Passengers - A.S. King "I start to feel resentful. You mean to tell me it's 2011 and this guy gets paid to have remedial talks with high school students about how they shouldn't hate other people? Isn't this elementary? Shouldn't it be automatic? What kind of species are we if we gave to have people come talk to us about this crap?"Astrid is yet another MC from AS KING who is not quite like the rest in refusing to be just one thing. That and the fact that she asks questions... at least, she does eventually. She's figuring things out and not quite ready to put a name on how things are, and it's something you've got to respect. So that at the same time, you're totally with her in wanting to make connections with anonymous others simple because those who do count, don't really seem to count at all. It's the last that's equal parts sad and ever so disappointing.And then there's the way things take place around her and how she sees the same: that some things can be simplified when not being a simple thing to begin with. Like living in a small town someplace or other and how everyone knows your business with her not quite sure what her business was! Then how she asks things and how obvious it is that what's said and what's done are a long way till they come together. "How can we say nobody's perfect if there's no perfect to compare to? Perfection implies that there is a right and a wrong way to be. And what type of perfection is the best type...?"***3.5/5