isamlq

isamlq

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover HOPELESS. Hoover’s got the market cornered on made up words that are meant to elicit an “Aaaw” from out of my mouth but fail to do so. Her Butterfly You in her earlier duet was cute the first time around, but lost its charm somewhere around the third time I’d heard it. Here it’s the cute (but not so cute) hybrid of I like/love you or as they so quaintly put it, “I live you.” Gah. It was too much some times. Those bits aside, this was not that bad: there’s a girl with dark secret and boy who knows too much. As well as a history that meshes unknown to one of them. So this is big, this story was an interesting mix of sweet and sad and odd. Sweet because she goes through so many things with him. Sad because he has his own baggage too, but odd because we don’t quite know why things were happening as they were and I for one was never quite sure what to make of the both of them. The whole don’t judge me and I won’t judge thing going on early on was true, but his bursting her ego time and again was sweet and funny and worked. Till it got to the point of one or two of them saying too sweet things like “I live you.” Gah… too much some times.