isamlq

isamlq

The Perfect Hope - Nora Roberts Never fails, does it? It’s always the last in the series that’s got the most interesting story… if not the funniest. I like how aware they both are of how different they stand… yet it’s despite their differences (or is it because of their differences?) that has the two so perfectly matched up. There were some surprises though. The main one being how strongly felt the presence of Lizzy was in this one, or how her story line no longer was just the interesting addition, cute addition even of the romantic ghost pushing so and so together. She becomes a more solid part of the story, more central I suppose… and I was a bit surprised by that, but by the end, things meet up neatly… and it was all lovely. There’s more to love in this one, too:1. One the whole family things and knowing where you come from and what you contribute; lovely set up right there, I first thought. 2. The not letting things slide and knowing limits and lines and when those are breached, not once does any of them let another get away with it. So there’s that knowing of who’s being dealt with as well as knowing of the when and how or why for others. Bottom line? All of them are aware of the others so that that there’s not much need for the talking, instead there’s a hell whole lot doing all the while knowing what’s wanted and what’s needed. And that’s there’s the lovely set up again. 3. I enjoyed the whole opposites attract going on in this one, too. They’d summed things up, how each their love connections were different from the first one. Because with Beckett and Clare things were all torches being carried and seeing where people have landed; then for Avery and Owen’s, it’s all friends becoming more than friends and seeing things fit just right. And finally Hope and Ryder’s own story that read so much more in most every aspect! More the passion, more the funny, and more the bringing in their own thing and having the other adjust to it. I enjoyed the two together… because there’s little changing and wanting of change to happen... they’re simply perfect as is and as soon discovered: absolutely perfect for each other. Lovely story, lovely couple… lovely, lovely, lovely all around.* Sigh*