isamlq

isamlq

Quicksilver - R.J. Anderson Holy awesome wows... this is possibly just as good as the first novel! where Allison was all color and impressions, Tori's more straightforward. Well, as straightforward as one in her position could get. I am struggling to serve up an accurate description of the lead in this one without giving anything major away, so I'll go all broad strokes on what I did like:1. It's s very different from the first book without it being totally new. Erg, what? How do I put this? the two leads are different from each other but have something in common: they're both different for one reason or another and them coping with that difference is half the story. I like that they hold themselves distant from all others because there they were doing the exact same thing for different reasons.2. The outcome of their choices. First you think it's one thing that that drives them. But dig deeper and all this noble self sacrificing thing has been going on... and you're (I was actually) not completely blindsided by it but impressed. Tori is not Miss Popularity... or not just Miss Popularity, she is who she is and acts the way she does for reasons made clear with each page. Which brings me to the third item...3. Things escalating the way they did. For tori if it wasn't one thing it was another then another then yet another thing! nothing came easy for her, or anyone for that matter, in this one.4. An 'It's complicated' applies her. No doubt especially with the connection made. Milo. (And I smile simply recalling the kid.) I enjoyed the developments this side of the story perhaps just as much as I did in the first book. Them starting at one point and going on as they did? Atypical is what comes to mind of not just the girl seeing the boy then swooning because the girl in this one? As said, she's different... and it's mainly because of her that things are never easy, get complicated then become mind-blowing-wow in a split.Yes, it is impressed i am. 4/5