isamlq

isamlq

Ultraviolet - R.J. Anderson I thought I knew where things were going. And boy, was I wrong! Except damn me, if I am not impressed! Ultraviolet was different and takes things to such a different place from whence it began, that I could not believe the turns it took. First off, her condition and the way bits of it are worked into the story? The whole tasting words and seeing sounds? All that's put forth in such a different way that things are surprisingly... beautiful. Yes, I say 'beautiful' as there's no other way to put it. Her world and it truly is her world is different; filled to the limit with the remarkably unique.Second, she's not alone... the people she finds herself surrounded with each have a story unshared. It's exactly as Faraday says it: they've all a story their own. stories that once shared adds some much needed clarity to who they are. Like Kirk whi isn't just the kid with an unreliable 'R' in the middle of his name or like her mother who isn't just the cold heartless b**** we all take her for. They all act the way they do for one reason or another (granted some reasons/backstories make more sense than others.)Then Faraday... I like how the girl does not hold back on certain things here (him) because from the start her self control and her hiding are what's evident about her, but with him in the picture there's none of that. And it's surprising but not completely so. A Favorite moment in this one is her waxing poetic about him narrating the rest of her life simply because his voice was so delicious. A far cry from the girl who thinks herself (not) crazy and trying to fly under the radar, yes?Now, goodness me! But the writing in this one! The story too! I love, I love. love.love the fact that Ultraviolet is likely the last book I read this year!3.9999/5