isamlq

isamlq

Blink Once - Cylin Busby BLINK ONCE is story of a kid who finds himself in a situation he’d never considered, in it his growing closer to a person so different from those who are supposed to be close to him So it goes from him and the girl to him and his memories (some sweet, mother bittersweet) then to him and his nightmares. Now were we to take those separately, this more than likely could have taken a turn toward boring, it’s how those mesh (collide, actually) that things start to get interesting. Then question of how, what and why spring forth. And the answers in this one, they might just surprise you. It’s just that I wish I were surprised a little more.) Then there’s the ending that takes things non traditional… who needs HEA’s anyway, give me something different, why don’t you? And different this was… as it put everything set forth in the first half under a different light in the second. That one sided thank-you-for-picking-me vibe I was feeling with him and Mike turned out to be so much more, as it becomes evident that there’s need for the other on both their ends. And that relationship with Allie whose actions have her seeming heartless and spineless and lacking somehow, are in later moments proven not quite right. It’s in the last bits that the two of them are capable of being much more just not in the way he was used to. Too bad that it’s not him and these people that this story focuses on; rather it’s him and mystery girl (who felt odd and different and distant but vibrant and strong and independent) that’s the major draw. How she appears suddenly then becomes more for him than everyone else; how there’s a closeness that’s made between them because of how similar they are? Then there’s moments where he (I) just had to draw back wondering how it was all possible. This was a love story that felt odd to m, but that’s a curious sort-of odd. On one hand, I felt the knowing was too brief between the two for declarations of a certain sort be made, but when considering their circumstance I could see why and how. In the mean time, there’s the fact the girl has a starring role in his nightmares or how there are more than a few people figuring prominently in them (in surprisingly scary scary detail) … And it all raised more questions in me but the good kind of questions, not the ones brought forth by being confused about why things were going on as they were. 3/5