isamlq

isamlq

Everbound - Brodi Ashton Everbound.. I have got to hand it to the author, with the first book ending as it did, you'd not be baseless in wondering what twist she'd throw our way in this one. And you may think you know, but you'd be wrong... so, so, deliciously wrong. the ending and the work up to it? i loved it because it's so unexpected, even when it shouldn't have been. I just love being surprised, is all.Now, that's not to say that i loved every bit of the book: -Sure, I was intrigued by the segues into where, when and how come of her 'ever yours' Jack, -And sure I was more than curious with Cole and his about face even slightly feeling gooey on the inside over what he was doing and what he posed to lose. -And sure Max was still a curious bit...but none of those things in this sequel match up to how good the world was: Everneath, a character all its own, levels and labyrinths and all, with its maybe mad queen, and Wanderers and Shades... as each bit was doled out, I was more and more curious about the where and the how. Then the moments of scary? Here there's a balance between the lyrical sometimes purple feel to how she thought of things with the more specific visual details of where things were going down, walls and limbs, lakes of guilt and mist of blood? Again, the awesome here is in the details... and yes, sometimes even in the characters (I'm looking at you, Cole!)I'm happy with this one.