isamlq

isamlq

Prodigy - Marie Lu Both June and Day are not who I recall them to be, and that’s a good thing for one of them but a bad thing for the other one. That aside, the biggest thing that had me grinning in the first books were all those mad crazy action scene, of leaping off buildings and making a getaway. Prodigy thankfully gives that and more (think fighter jets, people.) On the people. I liked and didn’t like the new sides they were showing. Where Day was all about action and doing the crazy thing in the first book, here he’s plagued with doubts and I liked him less for it. Think HEA after everything, and well… not quite. June’s much better though because doubts of her own, they’re questions not just about him and her and belonging to together (though there was some of those, too) for her there’s asking, and questioning over other bigger things. For her it’s not just about him and her, and thank god for that. The doubts they had, and the little insecurities that sneaked up on them? All those thing are not necessarily out of place given what’s been done to and by both; and certainly, those raise the level angst on both their parts…but there’s to be something more, right? And there was: we know more of the word they live in. We know who is who… but like them knowing who to side with is the kicker. It’s in this bit that may be allies show up, who don’t necessarily act that part. It’s here when conspiracies and plots are uncovered and you’re still not a hundred percent on getting things right. There’s always someone else knowing something more and it’s them piecing all that together and deciding on what to do that had me on the edge.All this was very, very entertaining, even when I wanted to smack some sense into people paying attention to what other people were saying. Even when I wanted to smack people for almost being swayed by some others but still… that ending,*tiny sob* So, Prodigy was better than I was expecting considering I was on the fence over the first one:-I like the about face a couple of them were going through. –I like that things weren’t always so simple.. far from that, both of them complicate matters with their constant wondering over things past. For June, it was for the better, for Day not quite that. And all that’s fine though, because in the middle of their w-angsting we see the world they live in and how’s it come to be, the question now is what’s next for them.. all of them?3.5/5