isamlq

isamlq

Flight - Alyssa Rose Ivy I have only myself to blame. What was I thinking picking this up when I’d read two of this author’s contemporaries and was anything but impressed? Truth be told I came away from those thinking there was nothing new to them, rather pedestrian romances with little to offer. I could say the same for this one too… Though pedestrian paranormal romance is a mouthful, isn’t it?So humdrum, why? It’s hots at first sight for the both of them, only to shift to deny deny deny on her part. Give way to chase for the kicks of something different and then a very blegh declaration of “undeniable” pull between them. Then admissions of the different sort. And yeah.. I’m not a fan. But first, the guy has everything going for him… and the girl falls for him (but denies it.. a fact that annoyed me no end!) Then the secrets then the discoveries then reactions that read odd and out of whack leading to a situations that required someone be rescued.And I could have stomached all that too.. but damn those awkwardly phrased declarations that had this one read too much like a friggin’ old school historical romance! I mean he says ‘brute’ for crying out loud!