isamlq

isamlq

Losing Lila - Sarah Alderson Sooo.... let's keep this short, why don't we? Because, I fear I might very well be alone in not loving this one. If the first had me on the fence, where on one hand, the action was pretty good; yet on the other all the I love you, love you, love you moments got pretty awkward… then old, well, I had the very same issues in this one:Sometimes she still read like that girl with school crush unsure about what to do with herself with him around. A lot of the dama in this department is because they fail to talk to each other... I just didn't get it. Plus there were some over the top moments like with her comparisons that felt funny instead of sexy (that instance of her likening his resolve to a nuclear bunker… ayayay! Her youth was showing.) And him! He felt… uhm... does him saying something along the line of ‘since you were five’ give you pause? Well, it did me… even with that teensy tiny age gap. Simply older guy with experience paired with girl who lacks the same fell just this side of meh for me. On the bright side, the action hero feel is still present in this one! Except that somehow I felt it lacked a certain something since everything progressed simply too easily. Throwing in some family drama could have amped things up some more, things just didn’t.