isamlq

isamlq

Losing It - Cora Carmack While not the worst, neither is Losing It the best i've read of its kind. Gosh! I am still on the hunt for a decent read from books of this type. I've got a hankering, a need for a new Double Clutch! Another FOL! Or at least something that doesn't leave me wondering, 'is that what all the fuss is about?!' It had good parts, funny parts as well as sexy bits and whole lots of awkward... all care of Bliss (and am I alone in thinking what a mismatch in name and character because, really, 'Bliss' has me thinking starlet of some up and coming 'adult' flick?!) Anyhoo... Bliss was funny in that awkward 'What's she thinking/Is she thinking?' kind of way. A question that begs the asking even more once man-candy-teacher dude, wait make that british-man-candy-dude showed up. And I laughed, as was appropriate, because the things coming out of her mouth, friends, I dare you not to laugh at her attempt at flirting! Them flirtiing =Funny/awkward/hot + me, waiting for disaster to happen. That said, I do wish the story had kept on as it started because wait a beat and the 'meh' started to make its unwanted presence felt. 'Meh' in the form of complicated friendships and even more complicated non-relationships. That honestly shouldn' have been big complications at all. So, I laughed a lot over the awkward moments of girl unsure what to do then laughed some more over girl freaking out... and I would have continued laughing and enjoying LI, too... except yeah it's really didn't go anywhere i wanted. Basic drama of mixed signals, waiting things out and basic romance of want you/can't have you then cutesy sweet moments of one or the other key player being there for the other when said other is down. I liked the start, felt like ot could have been an awesome funny book... this one, however, is more of the same NA reads. As in sexy, but little else.