isamlq

isamlq

The Lives We Lost - Megan Crewe Oh, second book, you... why is there nothing great I can recall from you? Your ending has saved you and so have a couple of key moments but truthfully, nothing much happens except! Of course, there’s Kae being all brave and gung ho about taking things in her hands and the rest of them following along. And then there’s also a bit of Leo and him finally opening up, his whole bit about people about being good but circumstances forcing them to be different. I liked that part... it’s the most honestly “feeling” part of this sequel. But really, not much else.And I know they’re on the run and trying to save the world. ...I know that Kae is tough and feels like one of them has to get things going. ...I know they feel this urgency to do something. ...I also know that they’ve grown close and grown up faster than they should… But man, Meredith?! Meredith!!! What? Kid, does getting sick take away your common sense? Or Justin?! Who here has seen that robot that goes, “Danger, Will Robinson!” This lot needed one of those. They truly needed one of those because each time one of the younger ones tagging along would open their mouths or just do something the situation would worsen! I’m still reading the next one and I’m still wondering why it’s the younger set are being heroic. What’s happened to all the grown ups again?2.5/5