isamlq

isamlq

Fox Forever - Mary E. Pearson The ending.. the ending... the ending! Reading this was worth it even if just for that ending *sniff* I had no idea there'd be a follow up and couldn't honestly recall who Locke was (because yes, it's been that long since I read the the first two,) but his story was interesting if a tad too easy to put together. For the first time on his own, you see him experience how different everything has become, among the changes is how country's divied up with non-pacts treated as second class and often worse. And the boy is on his own with strangers to work with but his tasked to get close to a key person and it's because of the last that we see an inevitable love connection made.And like all love connections, things are not easy at all. She's his target, but soon becomes more both personally as well as for others around him. Because the closer he gets to her, the more he proves that world is indeed a small place... even 260 years later. The connections he makes are easy ones to arrive at, but it's also the same that complicates things for him.I feel like this could have been a novella, a bit long, needlessly so especially with the things that happen in it being a tad obvious. Yet there's that ending to consider... and while I didn't love this nor did I love the love connection nor was I completely engaged by what he was there to do (seems I've read too many boys/girls on a mission stories to be impressed by this one)... I did love that ending. Thank you, Netgalley!3/5