isamlq

isamlq

Audrey, Wait! - Robin Benway So how many Wins Per Page are there in this one? About a gazillion, I’d say. Her Also Known As made me a fan because- and stop me if I haven’t said it yet- this author knows how to write strong quirky characters: from great sounding best friends to greater sounding families because while the story is about Audrey and how The Song has turned everything upside down, the secondary cast held their own and held her up, they weren’t just simple secondary characters, is what I’m saying. If her newer YA spy book and its offbeat main character had me laughing then smiling, this one had me doing both those then more. IMHO, Audrey, Wait! is loads better than AKA. It’s got an older feel for sure, and perhaps that’s what made me like Audrey even more. She comes across as more sure about who she is. In her mocking way she said it right, “Self-aware” perfectly aware of what she likes (obese cats and music among them) and what pushes her buttons (she’s a music snob, and doesn’t like poseurs, but who does anyway, right?) Then her trying to be average girl (because in her head nothing’s really changed) and make everyone else get that, then significant others trying to make her see that that’s actually very far from the case.So, Wins Per Page? I loved the best friend, Victoria even when she wasn’t being so loveable. I loved her parents, especially when they were being parents. Plus, I loved the love interest even if he was a love interest (Lately, I’ve been annoyed over love interests and how they do absolutely nothing to forward a story’s plot.) I loved the Audrey… even when she’s out of control, jealous, myopic, judgmental but funny all throughout. Good, fun stuff. (It reminds me of why I like thing like Anna and the French Kiss.) 4/5