isamlq

isamlq

Frost Burned  - Patricia Briggs The longer a series gets, the harder it is to avoid repetition... all the good things there are to say about the first Mercy books hold true for this one: She still takes action, she still is protective and she still has that tendency to say the funny yet inappropriate when terrified. It's always fun to get the good you're expecting. Then there's the 'you think it's over, but you'd be wrong' thing that I love about these books. It's the same that's left me exhausted because like the other books, this just wouldnt quit. With one thing resolved, another issue'd surface.. Fun, like a rollercoaster: up, down then up again.Of course, there's a little part of me that wanted more out of Adam's POV. Simply because I didnt really feel like I was hearing anything new from him. Told from Mercy's perspective the guy is made of everything awesome with a side of scary (but scary isn't always a bad thing) but with the bit told by him, I felt little of personality was there.. it could have been anyone! I wanted scary alpha who's determined to do right by his pack and yeah that was there; I just wanted more. Maybe should stick to Mercy's POV.. I mean, why mess with what works?3.5/5