isamlq

isamlq

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare I totally see where Tessa’s coming from, torn as she was over her feelings for the two. Rare is the book that has me loving it for its love triangle, but love these books because of the same, I do indeed. Surprised? Perhaps you wouldn’t be so surprised, were you to consider the deepness of the connections of all of them for each other. I felt the conflict for Tessa, then for Will and later for Jem. But it wasn’t just the conflict; I also felt the truth of what she was feeling for the both of them as well what they were feeling for her. No superficial connections based on initial meetings in this one, that’s fore sure. Neither is this of one boy liking a girl and her not reciprocating but loving another... Thank the gods! In this there are connections from one individual to the next and then to the other then back again. What’s more is these connections are of the ‘real’ variety because they’re built up from book one for Tessa to the both of them, but from years of knowing each other between these two boys. So, the FEELS? Once you pass mark 42% EVERYTHING got heavy and emotional, and it was me being on public transportation with twelve strangers that was the only thing holding back the water works (but I was this close *holds up forefinger and thumb* from doing the Ugly Cry in public) and I loved that aspect too. That it’s not just mad dashes and them running for their lives, but them seeing if they all wanted to do that at all:Jem is responsible for a lot of the teary moments, him weighing things and wanting things and then making these declarations all those had me heart going pitter-patter/happy dance for Tessa, but all those also broke my heart a little for Will. However, it’s Will too who had me doing these same things! The three here bring back a lot of what I felt for the three in Unearthly and that thing with both the boys being both right and good and neither of them being second runner up for the girl.. a girl who really had a choice to make. Like Unearthly, here it’s not a question of who’s better/hotter/more suited, and neither is it one of those stories where one boy comes around and then comes another because they enter each others lives at the same time and all get to know each other at much the same pace (well, she does at least) The other thing that has me loving this series more is that connection between Will and Jem, that link that’s more than friends, more than brother… because it’s that loyalty between them that colors their connection to Tessa, making everything just a little bit more heartbreaking. I loved this. I loved this. I loved this. I don’t think I can say that enough. And then there was that epilogue. Right now, I’m thinking this epilogue is the king of epilogues. It allows us to see where things go and how things come down. Plus, the Ugly Cry that I thought I had under control through most of the book, that ugly cry? It finally broke out, making its shameless appearance because of said epilogue! I love this ending. I love this series.4.5/5My thoughts upon close:****I loved it. I mean sure I haven't slept in god knows how long. And sure I've got luggage not eye bags now. And yes, both my heart and brain are exhausted. But wow... this ending!