isamlq

isamlq

Spirit - Brigid Kemmerer And there’s the Hunter I was waiting for! Though not exactly the Hunter I was imagining back in book one. Why on earth was I imagining clean cut, serious military type boy? About the only detail that matched up to what I Imagined him to be is the white streak in his hair ala Pepe La Pew! Here apparently, his’ tatted up, pierced all over with longish hair. Obviously physical descriptions are things I skim, because who really needs to know how a body suits up in which label or in what manner? I can come up with much better images, thank you very much. Still it’s a disconcerting to realize the Hunter in my head and the Hunter in everyone else’s? Not the same. Me thinks, a reread of Storm is long overdue. But this Hunter, minus the physical, was what I’ve been looking forward to!Who knew all the pent up issues this guy had? You’d think dead dad and a self issued responsibility of carrying on in the guy’s footsteps would be enough, but no, in this we have connections on the mend, people letting him down, and over the top reactions that had me wishing he had a greater handle on his powers and less one on his temper… because some people? They were just begging for a smack down. The biggest thing I enjoyed was Hunter’s burned twice drama because that’s the main thing that had his actions making sense and then not sense once new girl popped up. I got a kick out of the newness that she brought in, but more I got a kick out of his wary reaction to her. Because factor in her particular baggage, and you see they’re the same, but not completely. Seeing them figure things out: awesome, then made even better by pretty cute text moments. It was so very authentically now.Then there’s a little of the expected sads that balance out the high octane action moment s in any Merrick book. The typical variety of them and their family, while there he was with basically nothing/no one to ground him, (it kind of choked me up a little.) But in all that… there’s Michael, who’s made me love him even more in this one! Thank you, Netgalley!