isamlq

isamlq

Things I Can't Forget - Miranda Kenneally It's a real mystery- me, reading on despite not really loving this series. The first book was a little too 'your typical romance' and the second book was more than unlikely and crossed over to icky... but the both of them were tied together in how they're both alot about sports then a little about faith then more about female leads doing stupid things on account of dumber situations; then eventually finding something more and becoming more (normally with a hot boy assisting in said discoveries).Except this installment was less about sporty girls in a boys' world and all about her faith, then others' faith (or lack thereof) as well as balancing her belief with her behavior and her expectations out of others (but there's romance too.)But honestly? All the 'I prayed' and 'Do you believe's?) had me a smidge uncomfortable as it's not something I'd nornally read. So preachy moments in mind, I was struggling to get into this... particularly since there were nagging questions in my head and doubts about the leadsĀ (and maybe more than one facepalms on my part, too) because I couldn't picture her as real. The self-flogging/none-forgiving she was doing? Then those little discoveries she made about who believes what and her world 'reeling' because of the same? Then thise declarations of being led to the other? Too much emphasis on faith and less about the individual was my knee jerk reaction. Till it became clear that the first and the second things were intertwined. And that's when I got it.2.5/5