isamlq

isamlq

Thin Space - Jody Casella Unreliable narrators… I wasn’t quite sure where things were going but it’s that aspect of THIN SPACE that kept me reading. This boy who’s lost his half but keeping a bigger secret with regard to it? This boy who’s searching for the impossible and seeming crazier with each moment that passed. This boy who seems to have given up but in fact has not… there’s a desperation to him that had me needing to find out: had he lost it or was there truth to his search? The odd thing is how he’s allowed to do what he’s doing. Let slide… that’s what was happening, and only upon entry of new people did things shake up, did people do more than make a side comment/ raise a brow. It’s with new girt that things pick up, and you wonder… what’s in it for her? The oddness in their pairing had them sticking out to others, but the oddness in what was going on had me seeing them in a sadder light: they’re both so desperate for something but not actually saying what (when it’s obvious that there is a bigger ‘what’ for the both of them). I could have gone on reading THIN SPACE for that alone: two sad people, not quite fitting in. him because he can’t (grieving, lost and angry all that) then her because she’s (a) new and (b) has an equally sad history that’s not quite clear… but then things of the ‘different sort’ factor in, and there I was wondering was that necessary at all? The possibility of the supernatural is what brings them together, but it’s their sadness and the consequence of that which kept me interested. Because when bigger the biggest reveal of incomprehensible sort was made, of twins being twins and their proper places, I was a bit let down. Truth be told because: Really? Nobody caught on? Nobody? I’m having hard time swallowing that… except if I’m being perfectly honest again: you kind of can predict that it’s going to go down that way early on. The problem with me is how I was waiting for and hoping for something ‘deeper’ than a twisted version of Parent Trap that ends very tragically.THANK YOU,NETGALLEY!*2.5/5