isamlq

isamlq

Game  - Barry Lyga 3.5/5That ending… that ending… that ending has me screech- asking ‘WHAT’ all prolonged, the middle vowel raised louder than the rest; this sequel has cliffy that will kill you. He’d better come up with a follow up sooner than he did with this one. And that’s quite a leap for one who’s always been about ‘Martin not being my bitch.’ I mean there’s waiting then there’s waiting after this. What am I supposed to do now? So am I a fan? No doubt. I’m loving this recent trend of crazy people figuring out crazier people (Hannibal.) I love how Game’s got a similar vibe to it. Namely the gory, the scary, the a bit out there with the macabre even the gross out way things are laid out for us. Then there’s the little details of how things are different for Jazz, how the utterly insane connect for them and then him given how Jazz is able to tap into that and see what they see and then understand. It’s the understanding a bit weightier here. Much the same issue is weighing in on him in this was one as in the first book: questions on him being his father’s son. Issue of triggers and what’s within and what he knows but not completely. Plus, the secrets unearthed and people around him trying to convince him that there’s more to him than just serial killer's kid.Now there’s just the matter of getting over this being another kid doing a grown up’s job. Another one? A kid smarter than the rest. Yes, this one has it except given who he is, what he is, and how he’s been raised: it all sort of makes sense (or maybe not) but if you can get passed that, this get’s pretty awesome in the a whodunit kind of way. Oh wait! there’s also the little issue of smart characters doing dumb then dumber things. How it’s not just Jazz doing the connecting. Don’t get me wrong I adore every single one of them from the hemophiliac bestfriend with a gift for the double entendre to the girl friend who sees most everything the guy’s got to offer whether it be the good or just this side of scary… but lawdy! Some dumb things were happening on their end of the story... till not anymore because when the bigger picture started getting clearer then clearer some more, things got equal parts exciting and terrifying… but still that ending!So, I love how Jasper is able to get into their heads… and never you mind the implausibility of a kid being tapped to do an adults job because I was buying this particular convoluted linking up of one thing to another. Then there’s the rest of them doing more than you think they ought to with some of them doing stupid things, then others doing stupider thing s(if there’s such a thing).