isamlq

isamlq

Game. Set. Match. - Jennifer Iacopelli 2.5/5I don’t see it. Why all the fuss over this one? Is it because we’ve got three couples in one book this time around? If that’s the case the fact that there are three competing story lines to pay attention had me feeling slightly ‘that’s it?’ for all of them. Is it because of the tennis? Because tennis-speak is so not my thing. Game-speak of any sort for that matter. I confess to skimming each face off, zeroing in on who actually won/ lost. (Lazy, that’s me lately.)So three girls, three boys men and then tennis, does all this make for a good romance? Mmmaybe? One could get a kick out of the fact things felt very Nora Roberts’ family saga with each couple having party one of the Harrisons. I certainly did. Here it is Penny Harrison that’s in focus, with brief glances into the drama of the other girls of course. Any who, for Penny, we see tennis stars and love matches (see what I did there?) For Jasmine, there’s family drama of expectations and disappointments and an unrequited something that amped things up. For Indy, it’s being new girl, YOUNG new girl specifically that set things up. What I liked: they’re each their own person, each with their own drama. I also like that it’s not as simply the romantic drama that spurred their stories on (though the same is a big part of everything). When it lost me: this really isn’t that new. Because bottom line? This is a romance and got cute then hot when it was supposed to be.