isamlq

isamlq

Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2) - Andrea Randall When she wasn't talking in metaphors, this was OK. Yet just when I thought it was going the right direction, there's be another bit of drama come kicking them on collective asses. In a word: DRAMA, overall though this was... sometimes... not bad. Sometimes, it was just like the the first novel; cringe-worthy comparisons, over the top descriptions that made little sense to me. Really, am I the only one recalling the first book with its "if square had a flavor"? Well, this sequel has moments of its own that rival that one. I think there was a line that went "NO VACANCY signs in her eyes for the [me]..." I snort-laughed (I really did.)But then, there would be those other moments of them making sense in how flawed they were. This was leagues better than the first in that department, especially as I consider her being real in the faults she had. On one hand, she's ready to call others out on their mistakes; yet for a lot of this is her sticking her head in the sand heedless to what's obvious to everyone else.And what's obvious? She loves him. And he has screwed up. (Note that I couldn't recall what the big to do was in the first book; the main thing I recall was all those embarrassing descriptions of his jaw and her music and their love... and gag me. now. please.) But here, we have them dealing (or not) with the outcome of whatever had happened in the first book. So them scrambling around and making the mess a bigger one, was interesting (yes, frustrating) as is obvious by me flipping through this as quickly as I did.