isamlq

isamlq

Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas Man, I wanted to love this sequel. Truly, I did... except there were two major problems for me here. (A.) The first half left a lot desired with it dragging on and on with the longing glances that one or two of them was throwing at her or that she was throwing at one of them. All I really wanted was some kick ass moment of her going all stealth assassin on someone. Yet while there was some of that, there were unexpected odd moments of her acting out character. Her love of shopping! Her love of chocolate! Egh? Don’t get me wrong… it made her more than the simple killer scary assassin, but it felt unreal somehow, like quirky things little extras thrown just for kicks. (Plus I don’t recall all that from her in the first. Then again, I did read the first book, didn’t i?) Simply, I was waiting for some blood to be shed by her, but then there’s be one guy who’s all ‘He loves her and not me.’ Then she’d be all, ‘Who do I love, Who do I love?’ (B.) Just when I was about ready to give up, all these would-be-awesome things started taking place. The problem is there were TOO MANY things going on at once. So many in fact that it was hard to keep track of what the hell was taking place! One moment we’re with Dorian and his little discovery. Next were with the Kings’ Guard and how he’s finally sniffing out some truths. The next we’re with girl assassin and her killing/trailing/scheming/ or doing whatever girl assassins do. Then the next were with princess BFF who’s got secrets yup the wazoo! Instead of ‘WOAH, NO WAY!’ I was LOST. Too many things taking place all at once take away from the impact of what one or even just two of those things could have had.That said, the very final bits of this were pretty good. The threads finally pulling together... and when she finally made her big reveal, well…it got me excited again. THANK YOU, M!