isamlq

isamlq

Depths (Lengths, #2) - Steph Campbell,  Liz Reinhardt I'm keeping this short:I like that the lead is a lot like DEO from LENGTHS; the real guy who doesn’t have it all together but tries his best anyway. The lead in this one reads like such a stand up guy, all sensitive, aware, and directed. Except somehow the bitchy one was right: he was a tad boring and staid. Things change quickly when he’s dumped. This set up’s a bit too typical, but hey.. I’ll take it. I like the bond that exists between him and the new girl… there’s an attraction there, and it’s when they finally meet that things start moving along. I also like how the drama doesn’t drown everything else out. She’s her baggage as does he, but they’re not buried in the angst of their present (too much. Well, at least the guy wasn’t). And if there were any angsty moments, there’s the after that had me reading on still. Of how she wants things and he wants things and they’re both young and doing something about it. So things went from cute to sexy… and yeah, this was an OK read.