isamlq

isamlq

Everything Left Unsaid - Jessica Davidson Reading this, my eyes were dry and there I was wondering, where heart was when all my friends had been raving about how heart-wrenching this got. I was wondering this when he found out what was wrong. Dry eyed, when she’s told. Dry eyed, too the first time something was done about it. Dry eyed still when his mom struggled not to show her heart break again. And then page 254 came along. Then page 261. Then I just couldn’t stop… it got sad, and yeah, depressing because it’s no longer about ‘him being a boy standing in from of a girl…’ (Hee. A Hugh reference) or about how their ‘them’ came to be, though that’s a part of t. it’s that their ups then downs are not at all the usual kind. How what’s wrong is such a big part of what’s going one that it overshadows so much of everything. So that there she is dealing (not dealing) and him likewise with it, and everyone else not knowing what do. They’re all desperate to be something and do something for the other when both was unlikely. The ordinary things that should have feel like the right thing under other circumstances felt desperate here… almost. Little kisses, big spats… all these things become sadder than they should have.