isamlq

isamlq

Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) - Colleen Hoover ODD thing here: I do believe I picked up the wrong sequel. Starting this I had in my head the most awesome of cliffies of someone having done something they shouldn’t have (some bad. Bad. BAD thing of course). Apparently, I was recalling Sorenson’s Coincidence. Don’t ask why. Once I realized that and recalled what this was a follow up to, things weren’t too bad though. PLUS for being (slightly ) different: It’s the thing now to do the same story from another character’s point of view, right? The lot I’ve read of that type, disappoint. Mainly because it feels like nothing new’s added (though why would I expect anything new anyway?) This one doesn’t do that. Well, at least it doesn’t at the beginning. So, we see Holder. And he’s less the stalker-y dude, and more the grief stricken one who does one stupid thing then another stupid thing because of said grief. He has a likeable voice of good brother, funny guy and not always crude. (Perhaps what I loved the most is that he wasn’t all alpha all the time). PLUS/MINUS for the cheese: “I live you” and my memories of “Butterfly You” that came flooding back. I recalled exactly what it was that I didn’t like. Make up words are cute… if you’re three, maybe four. So, thank the gods, when the likes of those weren’t used quite as often as they were in the first book. I mean, “I LIVE YOU?!” come on! MINUS: But consider him not being the alpha all the time versus him suddenly waxing stupid over a crush. Oi vey! When did you turn into a ‘tween girl going on and on and over a crush, H? It was a different side alright. It was funny… till it became odd.