isamlq

isamlq

Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts “This isn’t a romance. You’re not a damsel in distress.I’m not the handsome prince come to save you.” No shit, Sherlock. Lately, about the only thing that’s managed to keep my exhausted brain’s attention is smut. (Why is anyone’s guess) So, going from my last read of sweet sexy smut (if smut can be sweet) in McKenna’s X book to this one… well, I don’t know what to feel exactly. Pissed off for the girl? Terrified for her? Hating myself for continuing on despite each sick-sad thing going on? DARKNESS has left me split because here I am feeling the need to pick up book two… even if this one was Messed Up, yo. This book is dark, the things she’s put through rivaling both The Tied Man and Fifty Shades of Shit in consequence (side note: I’d not realized the amount of smut I’ve read till I typed that out…) Yet, still parts of wonder if a FIVE STARS is warranted here. Until if course the more of me screams, ‘WHA???!’ in the negative. So obviously in the negative because thing got disturbing very quickly with each thing that had me going “poor girl” for her… whether she’s rendered ‘poor girl’ by his hand or her own thoughts. So, half of me is DYING to know what’s to follow. This is no romance, but I wonder: do things ease up a bit? Does he get what he deserves? Is there a big comeuppance for one, some, or all of them… and more realistically: is the last even possible? Do I want to know? Then there’s a small part of me asking why bother? Because…This. Was. Messed. Up.So, folks… clue me in: do I want to read the next book?