isamlq

isamlq

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love) - Ingrid Jonach When the World was Flat (And We Were in Love), awesome title notwithstanding, I’m going with what tickled me pink in this one: that maybe in another dimension, another me would have liked it more: Love fueled drama plus angsty almost giving up meets person X sliding from point A to point B made more convoluted with mentions of Einstein and parallel dimensions of left, right and center because of his Theory of Everything. And it all could have been so good too but here I think someone’s bitten off more than they could chew… and failed to get all those good bit and pieces into the great whole it could have been. Cool ending though.The sliding thing and the other versions were what I liked… the whole merging thing too of one becoming another and another being gone. The concepts that are pulled out had me interested but when you consider the thing that pushes everything forward is this boy and that girl and how he will find her (or she him) well, yeah… for all that was interesting in it, it didn’t quite gel for me. Either some bit was left unexplored, or another bit – the wrong bit, at that - was focused on too much. Maybe this is my poncho? ((Didn’t get the reference? It’s in the book.) Perhaps the me on the left right center liked/loved/hated (or will like/love/hate) (or is liking/loving /hating) this very book for whatever other reason, but for me, (of the now variety,) this simply didn’t work. I liked some of it, but in the end I’m saying it didn’t gel.Thank you NG!