isamlq

isamlq

Ashes on the Waves - Mary Lindsey Ashes on the waves…this author and I must part ways. Her Shattered Souls book had me more than disappointed, and it seems this to shall disappoint me. There’s a whole range of things that I couldn’t stomach. Let’s start with how typically typical it all is: -Odd one out living the simple life.-New one coming in and falling head over heels for god knows what reason with the former. -Odd one wanting to protect, but new one being blind to everything but their new found love. -Then the mystery of there being someone out to kill another. With the oddness of bean sidhes and Nir Na what’s it, I might have liked this more except for the unfortunate contradiction the male protagonist presented: He is the typical YA heroine. Yes, heroine. Any complaint you have of YA heroines… unaware, innocent, too good too talented… too something, it’s in him. So yes, he is typical YA heroine. And it’s all made worse by the old ways he lives and talks and of him being unaware of the new fangled what’s its of our day and age DESPITE him being almost stalkerish in keeping tabs on a certain someone. I didn’t buy him… or any of it actually, and that’s when I gave up.