isamlq

isamlq

Flesh & Bone (Rot and Ruin Series #3)

Flesh and Bone - Jonathan Maberry The cover is still kick ass, but that’s not the only kick ass thing in this one. With new baddies come new allies… but now, the gang’s faced with other stuff as well. Benny and Nix are not living the HEA I was hoping for; Chong is Chong and so is Lilah. And while more than one of the four seemed to be losing touch with what’s real, it’s how they dealt with it that choked me up a little more. And while some of them seemed to be losing touch, losing faith… there were others of them seeing things for what they were, admitting these to themselves. But that twist near the end?! That I didn’t see coming at all! Why you do this, Maberry? Why? It came out of nowhere and now I’m slightly broken hearted for all of them. *sniff*Long before that, some more interesting things are thrown at them. Take those baddies for instance, Saint John of the Knife and Mother Rose. I like how I am not supposed to like this Saint John but that there’s this absolute faith in his actions had me looking closer at him, just like Benny seemed to be looking closer at him, just like how all of them seemed to be looking closer especially at the world they found themselves in. So if past events already had them questioning certain things, the Reapers' actions had those questions pushed to the forefront. Basically, good stuff. But it’s the four as a group that had me loving every moment of this. That they’re not necessarily a completely cohesive unit, each has a thing they do well. With Benny, it’s him screwing up but trying his best to be Warrior Smart; with Chong it’s him being the Town Boy and thus being so funny; then with Lilah, it’s all about being Lost Girl, more skilled than all of them put together, Except there’s Nix *cue the water works* who is not all that simple, but I loved her part in this the most.Over all fun, except that twist… I’m still dazed! 3.5/5